In response, they told us that scientists have looked in to it and found that its a combination of calcium carbonate and a very small amount of other unpronounceable organic chemicals and minerals.
Whether we can pronounce it or not, we are only too aware that tea scum is affecting afternoon tea, high tea and builders tea all over Blighty.
So the Teaologists TTT have put together 4 easy (and 1 not-so-easy) methods you can use to eradicate tea scum, and go back to enjoying your well-deserved cuppa.
1. Clean your kettle to get rid of the scaling on the inside of your kettle (especially if you live in a hard water area. To make your life really easy just use a descaler. All you have to do it is drop the tablet in the kettle and it will descale the kettle interiors for you.
2. Alternatively, you can install a water softener – A great long term option that will do away with the problem for ever!
3. One easy opinion is to purchase a water filter jug. They are easy to maintain and really keep the scum away, both from the inside of the kettle and in your hot beverages.
4. We strongly recommend a teapot with a strainer. It’s really great for loose leaf teas as well keeping that scum away from your cup/mug, thus eradicating the potential for it to ruin your afternoon tea. It shows you have got sophistication and style. It would definitely be a worthy investment, if you don’t already have one. And if you already have one, you know what they say…’you can never have enough teapots'.
5. Finally if the worst comes to the worst, and you have really had enough, then move to an area in the UK where there is no hard water, such as Newcastle or Manchester.
Comments will be approved before showing up.