Matcha Bubble Tea Recipe
A special guest blog today from Mike: An avid tea connoisseur and the founder of BubbleTeaology. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have something te(a)riffic to share with us and we can feature you too
Tea is truly a remarkable beverage and can be enjoyed in a variety of different ways. From Gong Fu Tea for the serious tea drinker to Bubble Tea for the younger generation and everything in between. One of the most fascinating things about tea is that it continues to evolve and everyday there are new delicious kinds of tea to try!
One of the most interesting and delicious combinations is Matcha Bubble Tea. Matcha is made by a special process of grinding top quality tea leaves into a fine powder and has roots in Japan dating back over 800 years. Bubble tea was invented in Taiwan during the 1980's and is more of a fun drink that is now enjoyed by people all over the world.
Matcha Bubble Tea is a Rare Fusion of an Ancient Tradition and a Modern Trend
What You Need:
- Tapioca Pearls (Boba) - 1 Cup
- Water - 8 Cups
Premium Matcha Powder - 2 Tablespoons
- Milk - 750ml
- Ice Cubes
- Sugar (optional)
- First, you need to prepare your Tapioca Pearls (Boba):
- Boil 8 cups of water (for 1 cup of tapioca)
- Once the water is boiling, add your tapioca and stir until they are floating on top of the water
- Turn to medium heat and let the tapioca simmer for 35 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, turn off the heat and cover the pot for 20 min
- Use a colander to drain the water, add the tapioca to liquid sugar or honey to sweeten them.
- Let the tapioca sit in the sugar/honey for 30 min
Next, prepare your iced Matcha latte:
- Mix your ice, milk, matcha powder and sugar (optional) in a cocktail shaker
- Shake thoroughly for 10 seconds (use a Bubble Tea Shaker Machine if you have one!)
- Pour this over your tapioca, grab a fat straw and enjoy!
Mike is an avid tea connoisseur and the founder of BubbleTeaology which supplies Bubble Tea Machines to drink shops around the world.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.